If you are new to
- If you haven't already installed
Nift, you can find install instructions here.
- Open up a terminal or power shell window and enter
nsm commandsto get a list of available commands (check out the Nift commands page from the documentation for information about Niftcommands).
- Import (or fork and rename) a scaffolding repository project from here.
- Go in to the imported/forked repository's settings, go to the Pages settings and set the
sourceto main branch(there may be some delay before the website goes live).
- To view the website remotely, open up a browser of your choice and go to:
- Clone the site repository locally using
nift clone <clone-url>, eg.:
nift clone https://gitlab.com/nsm-templates/parchment-site.git;
- To view the website locally, open up one of the pages in the
outputdirectory with a browser of your choice.
- Try modifying some of the files in the
contentdirectory and run nsm build-updated, then refresh your browser to view the changes (check out the documentation pages for functions giving information about functions you can use and n++ which is the template language being used.
- Try modifying some of the files in the template directory and run
nsm build-updated, then refresh your browser to view the changes (check out the template files page from the documentation for information about writing template files).
- You can push your changes back to GitHub using
nift bcp "commit message"(note: there may be some delay before your changes go live).
- Check out the hosting page from the documentation for information about hosting websites.
- Try tracking a new page using
nift track about/(note: using about/will build the page about/index.html, use nift track aboutif you would prefer it to be about.html).
- You can remove the page again with
nift rm about/.
- Take a look at the files
.nift/config.jsonand .nift/tracked.json, one can avoid opening these using the available Nift commands, however one may also edit the files directly.